AcuraStem is a pre-clinical stage company focused on amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). AcuraStem is advancing novel therapeutic approaches for ALS using patient-derived stem cell models. The incumbent candidate should have experience in neurobiology, stem cells, familiarity with CNS animal models, and the pharmaceutical process of drug discovery.
At AcuraStem, we value scientific excellence, results, persistence, details, teamwork, sound decision-making, and continuous learning. We are seeking a research associate who is skilled and well-organized to drive our research program forward.
The research associate is expected to work in close cooperation with AcuraStem scientists. The incumbent candidate should have experience with mammalian cell culture. The research associate will follow detailed protocols in excruciating detail but also can propose improvements and changes when necessary.
- Maintain cell lines (hiPSCs/HEK/Glia cell) with sterile techniques.
- Performing biochemistry/molecular biology assays.
- Support and collaborate with scientists, labs, vendors, and industry experts to ensure the completion of tasks/projects.
- Gather, organize, and analyze technical information for research study design, publications, and submissions as needed.
- Initiate scientific documents for research, including study reports, protocols, and other related documents.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- B.S. in a biology discipline (Biology, Neuroscience, Bioengineering), 0-2 years of industry experience.
- Experience in mammalian cell culture.
- Experience in plasmid DNA preparation, immunostaining, ELISA, western blot.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills relating to colleagues and associates inside and outside the organization.
- Demonstrated team player with the ability to work with little supervision.
- Knowledge of EH&S procedures.
Scheduling flexibility, which includes late evening, weekend, and holiday work hours, is required. Due to the demands of maintaining healthy cell cultures, weekend work will be required. Travel to various AcuraStem laboratory sites (~5%) may be required.
The candidate must already be in the USA and approved to work immediately.
Job Type: Full-time Salary range: $53,000- 85,000.